All of our patent attorneys possess a background in engineering and/or the sciences, encompassing a broad spectrum of technological domains. Our typical practice areas cover consumer products, mechanical and electrical engineering, computer-implemented or software-related inventions, life sciences, and chemistry. Explore the technical backgrounds of our attorneys in their individual Patent Attorney Profiles to know more about their expertise and experience.
Our service portfolio in patent law covers all aspects of acquiring, defending, and attacking patent rights. With our team of U.S., European, and German patent attorneys, we are looking forward to representing you before renowned intellectual property organizations, including the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), the European Patent Organization (EPO), the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO), the Unified Patent Court (UPC), the United Kingdom Intellectual Property Office (UKIPO), and the German Patent and Trademark Office (GPTO).
The following is a non-exhaustive, exemplary list of the services we offer in the context of patents. We are happy to discuss your patent goals with you and come up with a tailored service package that fits your needs. Learn more about our service principles.
We guide you step by step, from pre-filing advice to acquiring a granted patent, ensuring your innovations receive the protection they deserve. Our services cover:
- Patentability analysis
- Drafting of patent documents
- Filing and prosecution of patent applications
Exercising your right to prohibit unauthorized use of your invention is essential for making use of your patent. Or services cover:
- Competitor monitoring services
- Cease and Desist letters and takedowns
- Registering your rights with authorities and corporations for preventative care
To fend off patent infringers, we enforce your intellectual property assets in federal and state courts across the U.S., Europe, and Germany. Our enforcement services encompass:
- Litigation Support and Representation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Strategic Enforcement Counseling
- Searches for harmful state of the art in German, English, and Chinese, covering patent and scientific databases
- Conducting written and oral opposition proceedings in English and German languages, both in offense and defense positions
- Straw-man representation of opponents who wish to remain anonymous
Note that patent oppositions are only possible for a short period of time after grant. Know a European Patent Application that might be granted soon or a recently granted European Patent? Try our free and instant EPO patent opposition calculator.
Many decisions issued by Patent Offices can be appealed in front of dedicated appellate bodies. Our services include representation before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) of the USPTO, the Board of Appeal (BoA) and the Enlarged Board of Appeal (EBoA) of the European Patent Organization, and the Board of Appeal of the German Federal Patent Court. Our services include:
- Providing preliminary opinions to likelihood of success
- Conducting written and oral proceedings in English and German languages
Monetize your patented innovations effectively with our comprehensive services, including:
- Licensing agreements
- Patent portfolio management
- Strategic patent counseling
In addition to core patent services, we facilitate:
- Patent translations in all language pairs of English, German, and Mandarin Chinese
- Patent renewal fee payments before the European Patent Office EPO, the German Patent and Trademark Office, and the UK Intellectual Property Office
- Patent searches and patent landscaping
Why Choose Plevan Ltd for Your Patent Needs
Due to the international character of our firm, our services always factor in international aspects. Rendering our services with the anticipation of what the outcome might be in the U.S. and in Europe can significantly increase the net value added for national and international filing strategies.
For all correspondences and engagements, we welcome communication in both English and German, whether in written or verbal form. We also welcome communication in Mandarin Chinese in written form.
What Exactly is a Patent?
Want to know more about how patents work? Visit our patent resources area.